Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Activity for Kids, part 2

7june 078

Pretty much anything that squirts water is a huge hit around here, but these water blasters (I don’t know what they’re really called) top them all! I particularly like that they are simple enough that I don’t have to do more than fill their buckets with water. These pictures of my 3 year old pretty much sum up how much my boys love them! (I couldn’t get a decent picture of my 4 year old, but know he’s the one squirting his brother!) First thing each morning since we got them from the dollar store, my 4 year old wakes up and asks for a bucket of water to play with. It’s been great motivation to get him to change out of his pajamas, help with a few chores and at least brush his teeth! Sometimes, they will just go through bucket after bucket of just shooting the grass and not even each other! The7june 108 y aren’t very durable, however… if they hit the cement hard enough – they’ll shatter. But for $1, it’s worth getting backups! These would go great with a wading pool and a fun hose attachment/sprinkler, but we’re waiting until it gets just a little warmer (and by “we”, I mean “I”… I despise the cool air after swimming or playing with water!) I also have to dig their pool out of storage… (and by “I” I mean “my husband”).

7june 038-1

7june 017

-Alicia

What are your favorite things to do in the summer?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cheap sponges make the best "water balloons." No filling balloons for hours just to have a 5 minute water fight. I found a 10 pack of sponges at the dollar store and cut them in half! Dump the sponges in a shallow swimming pool or various buckets of water and start a never ending water fight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...